Doctor Cinema (DoC) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization founded in 2015.
The aims and the objectives of the organization are:
- To promote intercultural dialogue in Armenia and the world between minority and majority groups;
- To promote healthy lifestyle among young people;
- To encourage the participation of youth in social-political processes;
- To support young film workers’ initiations,
- To implement social and scientific research on the films made in Armenia.
Areas of interests: Using the possibilities of audio-visual techniques we want to raise problems and find solutions in the ecological, social, educational, cultural, health, democracy, human rights’ and other spheres in Armenia.
Our mission is to support creating healthy society with the help of cinema.
Our motto is: Sensitive and Thoughtful Camera.
In 2017 we plan to organize several projects for deaf people (sign language translation of the European Convention of Human Rights, International Youth Exchange project for deaf and blind youngsters from Armenia and Switzerland in Zurich), long term film-making workshops for the youth of regional areas for speaking up about their problems and finding solutions for them. Another TC with a title “MovieDoc” will host Doctor Cinema in Armenia (approved by the Luxembourgish NA of Erasmus+) where out of 38 participants 7 will be people with autism.
We are open for cooperation with local NGOs aiming at solving the youngsters problems by empowering them with non-formal education skills, human rights protection tools and promotion of active participation in decision making process.